Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mystery meat and giggles!

When I first started reading this assignment, I almost peed my pants from laughing so hard. No guys, I'm not playing; I really sat back and thought "Mrs. Williams is really not going to make us read about spam." As I continued to read, I chuckled at myself because I couldn't believe how into this article I was. Judy Chu, who wrote the essay, explains what spam means to her. The memories and thoughts she can recall are endless. My favorite part in this article is where they relate the "spam mail" to "spam." It is true, when someone says spam I often think of e-mail rather than a mystery meat. It's amazing to think how quickly we are to judge, and yet many of us say we are not guilty of such a crime! I find it rather interesting that we are quick on our feet when it comes to explaining how gross something is that we never have tried. Humans are very judgemental. I honestly think, after reading this article, I might just go buy some spam.

No comments: