Wednesday, October 8, 2008

-Wealth-



Wealth is much more than how much of what you own is worth. To me, it has nothing to do with money.  You are wealthy if you can wake up every morning with what you went to sleep with.  A personal experience of mine including wealth has to deal with my younger years.  When I was in second grade, my brother was in pre-school.  Each and every day my mother got us ready for school and with no vehicle she walked my brother to school, me to school, and then walked herself home. Never the less, she also got us from school. We lived in a very small apartment, but we were thankful for every waking moment.  By no means did we have it easy at all.  My parents both worked what seemed like all the time.  If I can remember a distinct moment of my life, this would be it.  Every night at dinner, which often included canned items, we'd go around the table talking about one thing that we were thankful for that day.  My brother always seemed to say the seat he was sitting in, so we didn't have to have dinner on the floor.  This moment was impacting for me. I have realized that it doesn't matter what you own, how much it cost, or even what it's worth.  What matters is what's always going to be there, and that's family. The wealth of your life includes your health, your friends, and most important your family.  

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Jessica, I agree one hundred percent. I always thought that wealth had to do with money,but now even though I am not very rich I am wealthy in so many ways. I have a wonderful family, a chance to further ny education, wonderful friends, and a great country to live in. This is why I believe I am so weathly.

Nicole said...

This is a great example for personal testimony. Remember to use details to really create a scene of you all eating dinner.