Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October 1st

I am not one to be interested in history, so when I first started reading this post I was thinking "oh great." As I started to read the assigned I couldn't believe how easy it was to keep reading! It really had me going, it had sparked and kept my interest. This book I believe is like the bible when it comes to our history. It's such an important factor. It's also scary to think that after WWII, there were more expected terrible events to come.

I've always looked at Adolf Hitler as such a horrible person, and to be honest it sends chills up and down my spine realizing what he's done in the past to people. I had a rough time posting his picture on my blog. I don't understand how you can that cruel. He always seems like he is trying to persuade!

A fact that interested me was they blamed everything on Man. After I got to thinking about this, I realized, it really is our fault. Things with the environment wouldn't be this horrible if Man weren't here, but who really wants to think of us this way?

I like the conclusion of this assignment. It leaves it open-ended, just enough to make you think, but also by giving you information to process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessica I agree with you about how he blamed man for everything. I thought the reading was really interesting to and easy to read. I think I liked reading about the animal farm part more than I did about the Mein Kampf. I am still not familar with the whole propaganda thing, but I thought the theme of the reading this week was easy to recognize.